[RC5] OGR percentage done - WHY impossible?

Richard Farmbrough Richard.Farmbrough at imminus.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 16:39:04 EST 2001

> Actually there can't be an infinite number of stubs. Once we find a valid
> ruler (whether or not it is of minimum length makes no difference). It
> gives us an upper bound on the length of of the ruler.

An upper bound

is 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,.....

i.e.  2 -1.

There may be a better generic upper bound not based on this method.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net