[RC5] Getting clients to automatically update whenever I'm online

Arne 'Timwi' Heizmann ajh65 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 12:29:28 EST 2001

>  9) Load-work precedence ==> RC5,DES=0,CSC=0,OGR=0
> 13) Fetch work threshold ==> RC5=1000,OGR=0

You can't stop the client from doing OGR if you don't update manually, as
far as I know. In option 9) above, the "=0"s don't do anything. In Option
13), =0 means 'default', and the default for OGR is 24 stubs.

I have set option 13) to "RC5=800,OGR=1", and I have put dnetc -update in
my startup group, so it does that whenever I restart the computer. Since
it's crashing often enough, it never does OGR.

Hey, would anyone of you have thought that there is actually a positive
side to a computer crashing?

Timwi

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net