[RC5] ogr percentage done - WHY impossible?

TimO hairballmt at mcn.net
Fri Mar 16 07:57:45 EST 2001

Greg Childers wrote:

> Actually, 'tis Golomb.  The numbers are the lengths between adjacent marks,
> not the positions of the marks.  So there's only one 10.  See
> http://www.cuug.ab.ca/~millerl/g3-records.html for the best known rulers up
> to 212 marks.  Note that the page lists rulers by the number of segments,
> which is one less than the number of marks.  So the OGR-21 ruler below is
> listed as the 20 segment ruler.
>
> Greg

Doh!, my bag.  Of course it is, shown as distances not nodes. :-P
/me hangs head in shame.....

> >Hmmmm... has anybody else noticed that this 21 node Golomb ruler
> >displayed
> >on the ogr page, isn't???  It has two distances of 10. Tsk, tsk.
> >
> >(0) 2-22-32-21-5-1-12-34-15-35-7-9-60-10-20-8-3-14-19-4

===============
-- Tim
   By (the) which (will) we are sanctified through the offering of the
body of Jesus Christ once for all,  And every priest standeth daily
ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can nev-
er take away sins:  but this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for
sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;  From henceforth ex-
pecting till his enemies be made his footstool.  For by one offering he
hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.

                        -- Hebrews 10:10-14 (KJV)
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net