[RC5] OGR percentage done - WHY impossible?

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Tue Mar 20 13:12:22 EST 2001

OGR-25 work is still being distributed, and we were preparing to open
OGR-26 when the problems with the client were brought to light.

If it will make you feel more comfortable, switching to RC5-64 would be
fine.  The work you are doing for OGR will not be wasted, though.  At a
minimum, you will get full credit in stats.  If some or all of the OGR
work submitted to date is determined to be unreliable for purposes of the
OGR project, we may have to start over on the invalid portion of the data.
 However, we have not determined that it will be necessary, or if so, how
much data could be affected.

This discarding of work is nothing new for d.net.  We have had to
invalidate data from other projects in the past, when a particular client
build was causing invalid results.  In every case, we attempt to give full
credit in stats to the submitter if the fault was not theirs.  In most
cases, the problem is minor and easily filtered out.
__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/
"Drink your coffee! There are poor people in Africa sleeping!"

rc5 at lists.distributed.net
03/20/2001 13:48