[RC5] Switching Between Projects (was RE: OGR percentage done - WHY impossible?)

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Tue Mar 20 21:46:47 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Dan Petrak wrote:

> As several people have pointed out, you can set the projects in which you do
> not wish to participate =0 and you will not work with them.  Also, it is my
> understanding [someone correct me or back me up - whichever is appropriate]
> that you can change the order of preference for different projects by
> listing the ones you like more first.
>
> For instance:
>
>    9) Load-work precedence ==> RC5,DES,CSC,OGR
>
> would make you mostly work on RC5, and if that were unavailable you would
> fail over to DES, then CSC and OGR respectively.

The last alternative that you provide will not perform quite the behavior
that you expect, since it will still rotate between the open contests
(although now in the order that you've specified).

As always, you should check the online FAQ for answers to questions that
seem like they might be commonly encountered.  The answer to this specific
question is addressed at

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/index.cgi?file=176

--
Jeff Lawson   http://www.bovine.net/  http://www.distributed.net/~bovine/