[RC5] RC5 keyspace finished?

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Wed Mar 21 13:17:30 EST 2001

I'm finally getting blocks again now. I guess all the key servers were down
at the same time for some reason. But they were still accepting submissions.
How that could happen I have no idea, unless d.net was coordinating some
work on them.

More information about what I observed:
1) It was not a general internet connectivity problem - tracert, ping were
ok
	to various points on the internet. The keyservers were actually
responding to
	the client, flushing OK but not fetching. There was no diagnostic
logging of the fetch
	problem in my log file, just a send with no receive:

[Mar 21 16:40:14 UTC] The keyserver says:
                      "proxy3.red.wa.us.proxy.distributed.net"
[Mar 21 16:40:24 UTC] Sent 43 RC5 packets (129 work units) to server

2) It was the client's display reporting that the project was closed or no
more work was available.
3) Problem disappears now that the keyservers are reporting 'up' on the
d.net network stats page