[RC5] Client buffer updates on DSL

Rodney R. Korte rkorte at psu.edu
Fri Mar 30 14:26:10 EST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:56:54 -0600, Dan Petrak wrote:

>Thank you.  At least now we know you're using a new[er] version of the
>client as well...

dnetc v2.8010-463-CTR-00071213 for Win32 (WindowsNT 5.0).
Using email address (distributed.net ID) 'x'

>It would help even more if you could tell us if the client is even
>ATTEMPTING to go and fetch more blocks or not.  [My apologies if your

No, it is not.

>original posting weeks ago had this information, I don't keep much of the
>discussion groups for very long.]
>
>If it is not attempting to update the buffers at all, perhaps try deleting
>all three options under [networking] and restart the client.

The client operates properly with the default parameters.  The problem is,
it wastes lots of time trying to make connections when my laptop isn't
plugged into a network.  Perhaps this is simply the best solution?

>[I'm also assuming you don't have a [triggers] section which could
>automatically restart the client upon config changes...  I have to assume
>this since you didn't mention that it was one of the things you left out.]

No, I do not.  That would be relevant.  All sections have been represented.

I appreciate the help, but my fundamental question has yet to be answered:
Is what I want to do possible or not?  It is not even clear to me that it is.
(The documentation on *exactly* what the options do is scant.)

Rodney

--
Rodney R. Korte
Applied Research Laboratory