[RC5] Client buffer updates on DSL

John Campbell jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com
Sat Mar 31 08:35:06 EST 2001

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 RogerKIWI at aol.com wrote:

> This is twice now recently I've seen a reference to "T-Birds" as apparently
> some sort of processor chip?
>
> What is it?

	"T-bird" is short for "Thunderbird", which is the code name for the
latest revision of the AMD Athlon (aka the K7). They're called that to
distinguish them from the older, slower-cache Athlon classics, and because
"Thunderbird" sounds way cooler than "Athlon".

> Curious G4 owning minds want to know. <g>
>
> My 450 MHz G4 chips eac do about 4.0 megakeys/sec, so my dual processor G4
> 450 does very nearly 8 MegaKeys/sec.

	MHz... what a quaint way to measure clock speed. :)

---
John Campbell
jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com

QotD:  "All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net