[RC5] 1 Million

RogerKIWI at aol.com RogerKIWI at aol.com
Tue May 8 10:53:59 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/8/01 8:03:22 AM, sberg at pangaealink.com writes:

>Just had to announce to the D.net world in general that I finally
>made it to 1 million RC5-64 blocks today.  Ok, so it took me 1,292
>days but I finally got there.  And seeing that I started out running
>on a 486 I think I've done pretty well.

That is indeed a worthy acheivement!!!!

I sneaked up on the million blocks mark myself a while ago completely unaware
until a friend commented on it.

I've now done 1,047,581 blocks.in 1288 days - that's one little glitch in the
stats I've never understood - I've been doing this since Day 1, but it
doesn't count a day if you don't submit blocks on that day.

The 8500/150  seems oh so long ago when I used to submit about 180 blocks a
day - compared to the dual G4 which now churns out some 2500 blocks (I think)
a day at very nearly 8 megakeys/sec.

Interesting to note that Team Evangelista has in total submitted 459 million
blocks - so I guess we know who has done 2 million of them. The other 4301 m
embers have done the other 457 million. <g>

Cheers

Roger <----- notes that you can prove anything with numbers :-))
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net