[RC5] 1 Million

Stephen Berg sberg at pangaealink.com
Tue May 8 21:28:03 EDT 2001

Just had to announce to the D.net world in general that I finally
made it to 1 million RC5-64 blocks today.  Ok, so it took me 1,292
days but I finally got there.  And seeing that I started out running
on a 486 I think I've done pretty well.

Just to make this email a bit more topical for the list I got two
questions.

Is D.net planning anything silly to celebrate the upcoming milestone
of finishing out 50% of the keyspace?

And I just noticed that the overall project stats is no longer
showing the same information.  We used to see X blocks were completed
yesterday, x participants since the project began, y of them were
active yesterday, blah blah blah.  What happened to those numbers?
Anytime I've tried to recruit someone new to the effort I always
showed them that page so they'd see that this is a big effort with
lots of support.

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = sberg at mississippi.com                   -//
//-                Work = stephen.berg at osan.af.mil                 -//
//-     http://iceberg.3c0x1.com/   -/-   http://www.3c0x1.com     -//

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net