[RC5] Performance on P-IV

Johan Karlborg johan at karlb.org
Thu May 10 20:17:29 EDT 2001

A dry remark, but someone's gotta do it =)

I'd say it's a 61.64 % increase, not 161.64%

Nevermind! Details, details! The big issue is that there's no logic in your discussion.

The distributed.net core for AMD-K7 is just that, made especially for that processor and its extended set of instructions, whilst there is yet no core for the PIV in the distributed.net. The comparison is highly unfair.

I am also running a T-bird at 1 GHz and I'm fine with that and I really don't care for the PIV (yet), but if you're going to badmouth it, at least have some substance to your arguments.

And one other thing.

of course you're not running any services in WinME, there's no such thing as a service in that OS =)

/Johan