[RC5] Performance on P-IV

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Thu May 10 22:16:28 EDT 2001

At 10.05.2001 17:45, you wrote:
>I'm not saying you should rush out and buy a P4, but it is silly to say it
>sucks before anyone has even tried to optimize the software for it.

and just to add my £0.02 (soon to be €0.02 who knows?)
calling a cpu sucky just because it under-achieves your expectations in the
RC5-64 project is hardly any evidence of a sucky cpu,
a StrongARM wouldn't measure up to many of the other cpu's that the RC5
project is running (PPC the favourite!) still doesn't make
the StrongARM a lousy CPU, every CPU has it's own niche, there's no point
in making all cpu's strong in numbercrunching as some
users actually have other needs....

It's time to smell some of the good old coffee, a high keyrate isn't == a
good cpu...

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
There is a certain impertinence in allowing oneself to be burned for an

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net