[RC5] Performance on P-IV

Ferry van Steen td at salesint.com
Fri May 11 11:13:00 EDT 2001

It indeed has 32b IA I know that for a fact. The Itanium will be the first
64b IA from Intel I believe and is scheduled for release end this year I
believe. If I'm not mistaken the P-IV's release was originally planned end
99 mid 2000 if I'm not mistaken. However there where a lot of problems with
the RIMM's, they wouldn't run stable. In fact RIMM's should have been
released with P-III's already but they didn't get that stable either so they
released P-III's with plain SDRAM since they where behind on schedule.

I'm not to sure about the correctness of this info... But I believe it to
have a 90% trueness :-) (came from reliable source)

regards