[RC5] Performance on P-IV

Rolf Stals r.stals at oke.nl
Thu May 10 19:55:19 EDT 2001

The problem is that because the client doesn't recognize the P-IV core and
detects it as a P-II core. When selecting the P-II it uses P-II
instructions on a P-IV processor wich has a lot of differences with the
P-II processor so it is underachieving. As soon as the client can detect
the P-IV core and uses it's specific instructions you will see that the
P-IV is doing better. Till the time that Distributed.net will release a
client wich can detect the P-IV core AND use all the instructions the P-IV
processor has the only thing you can do is wait.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net