[RC5] Performance on P-IV

Basil A. Daoust basildaoust at home.com
Wed May 16 02:45:41 EDT 2001

As per the link, it looked like the G4's we were talking about use 8watts to the
athlons 54 watts.  But this is where I get lost.  Given that it seems the components
must draw the major load as why else have 250, 300, plus sized power supplies.

I have no idea how much power goes out the window keeping the memory running etc.
Can someone fill me in.

aside:
I've always kind of wanted to rip out multiple motherboards and run them from a
single
power source but have been unsure how to determine what kind of load each board would
draw.

building a mac.
YES, maybe a MAC Geek could but the parts are not as cheap or easily available
as PC parts.

Basil