[RC5] Daily updates

bwilson at fers.com bwilson at fers.com
Fri May 18 17:11:02 EDT 2001

Hi...

I'm bwilson at distributed.net, and I work mostly on stats.  The RC5-64 project
does take a rather long time to update, but 9am to 9pm does sound a bit
unreasonable.  We have had some trouble in the last couple of days where the
stats run aborted.  You can keep up on this by reading the .plans of the
distributed.net staff.  Go to www.distributed.net and click ".plans" on the
left side.  Currently, the plans are at
<http://oldcgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi>, but that will change soon

because (as noted in bovine's plan) we are in the process of migrating three of

our servers.

The OGR project statistics take a lot less time to run.  After the migration of

the stats server, we're planning to move the RC5-64 stats into the same, faster

mechanism as used for OGR.

You can also subscribe to the plan updates so you can be notified whenever
there is news.
__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS Business Services
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com/
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson/

File not found. Make it up as I go along?
         [OK]         [Cancel]

	rc5 at lists.distributed.net

	05/18/2001 20:26