[RC5] P4 Thermal Protection (Was: Performance on P-IV)

Tom Cramer drakino at usa.net
Sat May 19 01:00:25 EDT 2001

Keep in mind the thermal protection in the P4 is a good thing.  Heres
why.  The P4 won't go into this mode with the proper heatsync and fan
attached.  But if the fan stops, or something similar that will raise the
temperature, the processor clocks it's self down instead of frying it's
self.  Also, the P4 puts out less heat then the Athlons currently do.

Tom

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net