[RC5] proxy question

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Sun May 20 13:54:29 EDT 2001

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 02:51:13PM -0700, Michael B. Baker wrote:
> I'm not a network-wonk, so pardon my ignorance...
>
> I have a few clients running on a LAN (192.168.x.x). One of these clients is
> a VPN server (2 nics) which is connected to the world via DSL. I use
> pcanywhere to access this connection when I'm away from the office to work
> on an application within the LAN using my laptop, which is running perproxy.
> My laptop has two nics, one connected to the isolated LAN (192.168.x.x) and
> one connected to the company-wide LAN which allows my perproxy to 'see' the
> distributed.net keyserver. While my laptop is connected to the two LAN's,
> clients are served by the perproxy and the perproxy is served by the dnet
> keyserver.
>
> Since the two VPN nics have different ip addresses, is there anything I can
> do which will allow the clients within the LAN to see my proxy through the
> VPN? The VPN is running win2k server.

 Ok, let me get this straight.  You have:

              +--- VPN -> ?

    +---------+---+
    +---+---------+

	|     +-------+
	|     |company|
      laptop--+network+--Internet
              +-------+

 What is your VPN doing?  What is the other end of the VPN?
 What's your problem?  What are you trying to do, exactly?  Are you saying
the laptop has an interface connected to the 192.168.0.0 network, but you
are having problems getting clients to access it?

--
#define X(x,y) x##y

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net