[RC5] proxy question

Fruitloops fruitloops70_prn at yahoo.com
Sun May 20 15:46:03 EDT 2001

>  What is your VPN doing?  What is the other end of the VPN?
>  What's your problem?  What are you trying to do, exactly?  Are you saying
> the laptop has an interface connected to the 192.168.0.0 network, but you
> are having problems getting clients to access it?

I think he said he normally feeds the other clients on the isolated network
when he is connected to it on the same LAN.  I think what he wants to do is
also feed the clients when he connects through the VPN.  It seems they can't
see him when he does that.  He is asking for help setting this up.

Personally, he is making his life too complicated.  The VPN is connected to
the outside already (he says through DSL.)  He should simply have put the
perproxy there!  That machine doesn't roam the way his laptop does!

If he still wants to keep the perproxy on his laptop, what he needs to do is
set up his clients to use one of two perproxy IP addresses: one for laptop's
"normal" address in the 192.168.x.x network, the other for when he comes in
through the VPN.

Fruitloops

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net