[RC5] Cross post. Krystalia UD cancer team. - Comment on United Devicesclient

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Sat May 26 16:04:59 EDT 2001

Actually, the UD agent does do checkpointing, although it could be
improved upon. The latest release of the THINK app greatly improved the
checkpointing interval, and the next release will improve it some more.

There's admittedly a lot of room for improvement in the current
architecture. Unfortunately, there's a lot of other needs that need to
be met as well. We're also still learning. UD's network is a lot more
complex than d.net's, so it takes more time and effort to make changes
and make sure we don't break the network.