[RC5] When RC5 will be finished...

Brough, Adrian (IR SOLUTIONS) adrian.brough-eds at eds.com
Thu Nov 1 14:13:37 EST 2001

Hi All,
Regarding RC72, am I right in thinking it is 256 times stronger than RC64.
If so, then if computers keep to Moores Law, doubling their power every 18
months, in 12 years, our computers will be 256 times as fast as they are now
(Software implemented Rotate instructions not withstanding).

I don't think many people will be interested in setting their computers off
on a 12 year (Min) mission just to crack a code.

Cheers, Adrian