[RC5] When RC5 will be finished...

Gerald Richter glassman1 at neonshadow.net
Fri Nov 2 07:28:40 EST 2001

Bjoern Martin wrote:

> Hi.
>
>> See, if I use a P120 and only update every two weeks, I have a pretty
>> high chance the blocks it crunched have been processed already by
>> someone else.
>

> I thought blocks are reassigned the earliest 30 or 60 days. Maybe
> someone from the staff can clarify this?

iirc the last documentation I read said blocks are considered stale and
reissued after 3 days... I don't worry about it... my crunchers check in
with my perproxy every 6 hours... snarf 2^31 blocks and send 'em back...
the proxy runs on automatic... and connectivity isn't an issue with
everything on ether or token and a dsl link to the world..

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net