[RC5] When RC5 will be finished...

Jonas Maebe Jonas.Maebe at rug.ac.be
Mon Nov 5 13:21:03 EST 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, [iso-8859-1] Martin Schröder wrote:

> If we get no result out these projects, the CPU cycles for them
> are wasted. Where's the result from OGR-24?

There are none yet (except for "no shorter ruler than the shortest known
has been found yet") because the project isn't finished yet. The reason is
that there are still some results trickling in from very slow computers
who requested a stub in the beginning of the project and who only finished
it now, so the stubs aren't being recycled yet (and recycling would also
require a substantial human intervention IIRC).

The reason that RC5 keyspacese get recycled so quickly, is that they
require a massive amount of diskspace to keep them open afaik.

Jonas

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net