[RC5] When RC5 will be finished...

Bernd Kuehl bernd at informatik.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Mon Nov 5 15:27:55 EST 2001

On Monday, November 5, 2001, at 01:21  PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, [iso-8859-1] Martin Schröder wrote:
>
>> If we get no result out these projects, the CPU cycles for them
>> are wasted. Where's the result from OGR-24?
>
> There are none yet (except for "no shorter ruler than the shortest known
> has been found yet") because the project isn't finished yet. The reason
> is
> that there are still some results trickling in from very slow computers
> who requested a stub in the beginning of the project and who only
> finished
> it now, so the stubs aren't being recycled yet (and recycling would also
> require a substantial human intervention IIRC).

Do you really think that all requested stubs will be finished and send
back to dnet? I don't think so. So someone has to spend the time to do
the "intervention" or all the work is wasted. But then the right time is
now!

Bernd

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net