[RC5] When RC5 will be finished...

Bernd Kuehl bernd at informatik.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE
Mon Nov 5 17:40:17 EST 2001

On Monday, November 5, 2001, at 04:39  PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Bernd Kuehl wrote:
>
>> Do you really think that all requested stubs will be finished and send
>> back to dnet?
>
> No, but there are still results coming in currently.

But how long will you wait? 1 month, 1 year, 4 years?

>> I don't think so. So someone has to spend the time to do
>> the "intervention" or all the work is wasted. But then the right time
>> is
>> now!
>
> I really don't understand why think everything is wasted.

I wrote "... or all the work is wasted". So someone has to make the
changes. If not all the work has been wasted, because we agree that not
every stub will be returned.

>  On the contrary,
> if they start recycling now, then a lot of work will be probably be

No not a lot work. Comparing to the total amount of work done, only a
small part is wasted.

> wasted. As long as they keep waiting for (and getting) results from
> stubs
> issued a long time ago, no work is duplicated unnecessarily.

Without a progress the number of participants becomes smaller and
smaller...

Bernd

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net