[RC5] Stats suggestion

Bruce Wilson bwilson at distributed.net
Thu Nov 8 14:58:55 EST 2001

Yes, that would seem to discourage the megaflushers, but it would be
trivial to defeat.  Simply pick your slowest machine to keep submitting
blocks all along.

Even without the workaround, it's a significant change to do this.
Right now, each day is considered in and of itself.  Trying to calculate
the last time someone did work means hitting the history table - hard!
The main reason RC5 stats take an hour and OGR stats take ~10 minutes is
because OGR stats don't hit the history table.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
__

rm -rf /bin/laden  && chmod 0777 /dev/freedom

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net