[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Bruce Wilson bwilson at distributed.net
Wed Nov 14 19:26:44 EST 2001

Hi, Ryan.

In general, we've never (to my knowledge) seen a documented case where
dnetc itself was the cause of an overheat/crash which would not also
have been produced by any other task which consumes all available CPU.

I have heard that some organizations and even PC vendors use dnetc to
burn in their new computers.  If the CPU can hold up under 100%
utilization for N days, they decide it's going to last long enough for
users.

__

rm -rf /bin/laden  && chmod 0777 /dev/freedom