[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Wed Nov 14 20:42:41 EST 2001

You make a true statement.  The other side of the statement is that some
computers cannot run at full load all the time because of cooling issues,
whether it be heat sink issues, high ambient conditions, etc.  I used to
have a problem with my upstairs computer locking up in the summer during the
day.  My thermostat offsets the temperature during the day and it would get
rather warm upstairs in the bedroom in August.  I would get home from work
to a cool house and a locked computer.  I set the thermostat offset a little
lower and the problem went away.  <shrug>  No biggie.