[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Aaron W. Swenson aswenson at frontiernet.net
Thu Nov 15 09:06:45 EST 2001

I've had a similar problem.  This is with a Celery 700, no over clocking,
just a standard store bought setup (god I hated that machine.)  However, it
wasn't the client that caused the overheating.  Whenever anything got CPU
intensive, it started overheating.  The fan speed was good, it was securely
fastened, yet it would get 60degrees Celsius (the Intel software didn't
want to report in Fahrenheit.)  When I ran the client, it got to 89
degrees.  This is in a small footprint case, and it didn't seem to matter
if the cover was on or off.  Any solutions?