[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Thu Nov 15 10:18:45 EST 2001

Of course not. Obviously, there's a cooling problem with this machine.

The interesting thing, and the reason I posted, is that the d.net client
actually exacerbates a cooling problem on a real-world PC sitting in our
office. This has been discussed as a possible issue with dnetc in the past,
since the cores are written to be efficient and uses almost all of the logic
on the CPU nearly 100% of the time. But I'm not blaming the d.net client for
anything - it's working as designed.

:::Ryan Malayter, MCSE
:::Bank Administration Institute
:::Chicago, Illinois, USA