[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Fri Nov 16 00:56:35 EST 2001

At 15.11.2001 15:06, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
>I've had a similar problem.  This is with a Celery 700, no over clocking,
>just a standard store bought setup (god I hated that machine.)  However,
>it wasn't the client that caused the overheating.  Whenever anything got
>CPU intensive, it started overheating.  The fan speed was good, it was
>securely fastened, yet it would get 60degrees Celsius (the Intel software
>didn't want to report in Fahrenheit.)  When I ran the client, it got to 89
>degrees.  This is in a small footprint case, and it didn't seem to matter
>if the cover was on or off.  Any solutions?

89 degrees c?! (you mean 11degs away from boiling water under controlled
circumstances?)

That's like 160 something F, most cpu's are spec'ed up to 90-odd (at least
Intels _were_),
even 60 degrees C is quite a substansial temperature for a CPU (assuming
this was the
CPU temperature, and not the case temperature, in which case it's even worse).

I'd do some serious research on the fan/heatsink ASAP as you're not that
far from burning
the thing to smitheriines...

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension