[RC5] D.net causing overheating

stvernaillen at ge.cokecce.com stvernaillen at ge.cokecce.com
Fri Nov 16 09:55:08 EST 2001

>Andreas D. Swenson wrote:
>even 60 degrees C is quite a substansial temperature for a CPU

I don't want to turn this into a  "and me ! me ! " scenario but I'm just
wondering...

My Thunderbird 1.4Ghz runs at around 61 C° with the client on.( case temp
just above 40C° )
I was under the impression this was normal... ?
It is about 52C° without Dnetc
I was led to believe that > Ghz processors ran hotter  , is that correct ?

As far as I can tell there is no problem with it running at this
temperature, stability wise. ( well it runs windows , so you don't expect
it to go without reboots :)  )
I do find it rather noisy, Is this related to the temperature or not?( at a
cold boot it's ok, but a few minutes later the noise suddenly picks up)

Anyway, anybody found the key yet ....?   :)

Stan

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net