[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Fri Nov 16 19:55:46 EST 2001

At 16.11.2001 15:09, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
>See, the CPU running that hot got me to thinking.  I could just take my
>heat sink off and put my coffee mug on top of it to keep the coffee
>warm.   And yes, I do mean 89 degrees C.

Coffee @ 89 degrees would be lethal ;-)

 From http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/5098.html

Most adults will suffer third-degree burns if exposed to 150 degree water
for two
seconds. Burns will also occur with a six-second exposure to 140 degree
water or
with a thirty second exposure to 130 degree water. Even if the temperature
is 120 degrees,
a five minute exposure could result in third-degree burns.

As 89°C ==  192°F you'd suffer a third degree burn in less that 2 seconds
if you drink your coffee...

(didn't check the actual formula used
http://www.intmed.mcw.edu/clincalc/wtmeas.html)

--