[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Henrik Berglund SdU adb94hbd at mds.mdh.se
Fri Nov 16 22:26:03 EST 2001

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Andreas D. Landmark wrote:

> 61 is not dangerous, it's not out of the ordinary, but it's at the high end.
My Duron 1GHz is at 41C with dnet running, 30 something without dnet.
61C is realy to much it should not be over 55C i think.

> Nothing to worry about really, just enough to make a mental note to
> waste some money on more cooling if you want to OC the CPU further,
> a casetemp of 40C is not too bad, sounds like you got yourself a pretty
> normal of-the-shelf system.
normal?? my case temp is 30 something.
I only have a standard coolermaster made for processors =< 1.2GHz.
And a large case fan that i have riged so i can change between 12v and 5v.
Since its a 12v fan and runs on 5v al the time it is very quiet.
And since its so large it gives about the same as a normal case fan at
full speed.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net