[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Sat Nov 17 01:26:00 EST 2001

At 16.11.2001 21:54, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
>Yeah, but most of the heat would escape at the surface level, and on it's
>way up a thin two foot straw.

If he puts his coffee mug on top of it (assuming the coffee mug is a fairly
good heatconductor, a
copper mug should do the trick, not that I've seen any lately...) and let's
the "installation" (cpu+the
newly constructed heatsink/coffeemug+contents) reach thermal equiv. the
contents would keep
that temperature for a long enough period for him to burn himself severely...

(There is a reason radiators contain water ;-).