[RC5] D.net causing overheating

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Mon Nov 19 11:22:28 EST 2001

One cannot shower in 150ºF (65ºC) water without going to the hospital for
burn treatment. Your water heater may be set to 150ºF, but that's not the
temperature of the water at the tap. It's always mixed with cold water in
some proportion, and it cools as it travels through the pipes.

BURN TABLE (from www.hotwater.com)
Water Temp°F/°C           Time for 1st           Time for 2nd &
                          Degree burn            3rd Degree
110/43(normal shower temp)-                      -
116/47(pain threshold)    -                      -
116/47                    35 minutes             45 minutes
122/50                    1 minute               5 minutes
131/55                    5 seconds              25 seconds
140/60                    2 seconds              5 seconds
149/65                    1 second               2 seconds
154/68                    Instantaneous          1 second

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net