[RC5] Speeding up ogr24 by our own ?

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease at gmx.net
Tue Nov 20 18:14:15 EST 2001

But what if somebody was looking at the OGR-24 top100 yesterday
regularly and sends everybody who submitted nodes a form mail in which
he/she/it asks the submitter if he/she/it was crunching on OGR-24
intentionally (maybe the client which submitted the nodes just ran out
of RC5 keys and fell back to OGR).

If he did so, the next question'd be how fast the crunching machine is
(if it's a real slow one he'd maybe give the buffs to somebody else
with more power). If not he'd maybe give the blocks to somebody else
who asks politely anyway. We can't be shure if there were any more
24er nodes in those buffs. But it's better than nothing.

Additionally the chance of getting 24er stubs could be narrowed by
comparing if this person submitted 25er for that day, too. If he did
so, his machine maybe crunched the last 24er he had.

Of course there should be only _one_ person, preferably one from the
staff, who sends out this mail. We don't want to bomb his mailbox, do
we?

Just my 2 cents
Malte