[RC5] Speeding up ogr24 by our own ?

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Thu Nov 22 00:39:45 EST 2001

At 21.11.2001 19:21, Redaktion Legalize! Wiesbaden wrote:
>Hi peeps,
>
>forgive me. But what are (great) buffers.
>My client runs 'as it is'. The Dutch Power
>Cows suggested in their faqs to tell the
>client to download 2000 bloks (*?).
>On this peace the duron600 worked
>at least 3 days. I set it on 150 then
>because i saw no sense in this big peace
>since this is a dsl line and it needs 1-3
>secs to up- and download the shit to
>the key server.
>Now the client runs 'automatically'
>(i didn't do nothing! :-) and see it
>up- and download very small peaces.
>BUT the score is on +1.800 Mkeys
>which is a normal (good) score for
>a duron600? So what are you talking
>bout?
>
>Harald

You might want to make yourself aqainted with the
different projects DNET are involved with.

OGR and RC5-64 are totally different projects in many respects.

You're refering to the RC5-64 project, while this thread is specific to
OGR-24 (and in some respect OGR-25) which are projects trying to
improve already known Optimal-Golomb-Rulers (a pure mathematical
project) as opposed to the RC(n) projects which are set out to "prove"
that the RC cipher is breakable.

The RC(n) projects have prize-money involved, while the OGR projects
are purely for research purposes..

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
Real Time, adj.: