[RC5] Speeding up ogr24 by our own ?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Wed Nov 21 20:09:14 EST 2001

Dean Morrell wrote:

> At 09:26 11/20/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hello people,
> >
> >I guess that many people would like to speed up OGR24, so that it is
> >finished soon, but there are only a few people which seem to have great
> >buffers. So pehaps some of them also read this list. We could ask them,
> >if they will split up their buffer files, and send them to some people
> >here with high rates, so that we will redistribute the already handed
> >out work by our own. with this we could finish ogr24 really soon I
> >suppose

>This assumes that issued blocks are still in buffers.  I can personally
>attest that not all issued blocks have been processed.  Some have been
>deleted.

you've got that right... i know that i deleted at least 60 or 80 in my
perproxy before i got the settings right and figured out that just
forcing a reread of the config didn't work as desired/expected... i
actually had to shut down the perproxy, check the config changes, delete
the ogr buffer(s) and then restart the perproxy... my perproxy was set
to 20 units so the "60 or 80" comes from three or four attempts...

--
       _\/
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net