[RC5] Slow?

Bruce Wilson bwilson at distributed.net
Fri Oct 5 00:19:39 EDT 2001

My apologies, I read your message too quickly.

I thought you were saying dnetc only got 8 minutes of time in 22 days,
which obviously is not very good.  Reading it more closely, I think I
understand you to be saying that the System Idle Process only got 8
minutes of CPU, which is quite good.  My W2K PII/366 laptop runs dnetc
as a service, and the System Idle Process has received almost a minute
and a half since I booted it this morning (about 18 hours ago).  8
minutes of idle in 22 days is an amazing achievement.

All this just confirms that setting the priority to higher than Idle is
worthless.

__

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)