[RC5] Slow?

mj enojon at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Fri Oct 5 02:07:34 EDT 2001

You should be running it as a service.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Przemek Kaminski
  To: rc5 at lists.distributed.net
  Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 12:38 PM
  Subject: [RC5] Slow?

  Two questions:
  1) I have a computer with AMD Athlon Thunderbird 900 MHz processor. It computes the OGR packets really slow - about two per day (and I'm not running any other programs!). Is that normal?
  2) Under Win2000, is it better to run the client minimized (the small icon on the tray) or normal-windowed?
  Also, when I check the processes with Task Manager, it shows that the client is running on lowest priority, but I've set the number to 5 in config file.

  Thanks in advance.
  ---
  coolgenie at wp.pl