[RC5] Ensuring the client is running...

Oliver Scheit oscheit at quoka.com
Sat Oct 6 03:54:25 EDT 2001

Cheap solution: (if those machines are inside the same network...)
for each machine create a directory on a fileserver and run the client
from there.
If it is running, you won't be able to rename the .exe file...

Or configure the client so it'll write a log file and let it put that
log file on some place inside your network.

Or set up a personal proxy and configure all your installations to use
this proxy. then set up something like ppstats and set a cron job do
update the stats every 30 minutes or so...
If you look at the "by host" stats page, you'll see which client hasn't
turned in a result lately...

regards,
Oli
http://www.scheit.de/seti/setihide.html |