[RC5] Ensuring the client is running...

Carl Inglis uther at yoshiwara.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 03:09:13 EDT 2001

First, thanks for the sendmail idea - that's going to be the best bet
for the linux boxen, although I've started investigating BigBrother for
those. BB seems to work for the Win2K boxen as well. It's my
dearly beloved wife's Win98SE box that is the problem. There
doesn't seem to be a BB client for that OS.

As to the perproxy - I do run one, and that's my best indicator that
something has gone wrong so far.

I did say "for the sake of discussion". The
machines are physically located at different
places around the house, and I have access to
all of them, but I was looking for an early
warning system, rather than waiting for "12
hours" in the last seen column of the perproxy
stats (I use Kevin Pesce/Stanley Appel's
PerProxyStats to monitor the perproxy).

Thanks for the advice,

Carl
Carl C. Inglis - uther at yoshiwara.demon.co.uk
"..as to who I am now, if you're prompted to ask: I'm the ghost of my
future and the sum of my past." - Talis Kimberly, Small Mended
Corners, Archetype Cafe
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net