[RC5] Ensuring the client is running...

Arjan Veenstra Veenstraa at paperfoam.com
Tue Oct 9 10:41:12 EDT 2001

A hackers solution whould be to install a sniffer on some machine on the
netwerk that checks if any fech and flush traffic is passing by. On a switch
network you should do it on the gateway. This does mean that machine is
loosing CPU cycles on filtering your network traffic wich could be used voor
dnet, but it would be a fancy solution ;-)
When could also setup a (http/sock proxy) that is only used for your dnet
clients or use the dnet proxy an check if every client is generating
traffic. A http proxy that only has to work for dnet wouldn't be to hard to
write.
The other way is to create some way of access to the buffer files of each
client and see if they are changed...

Greetz
Arjan Veenstra

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
- Douglas Adams