[RC5] Performance difference Win2k/Win98/ME

TD - Sales International Holland B.V. td at salesint.com
Tue Oct 9 16:59:50 EDT 2001

Hey there,

I have no idea what the hell Win2K is upto but it sure sucks! :-)
I ran on the same machine Win98/ME they both score around 3,5 mkeys/s on
Athlon 1GHz, if I install Win2K on the same machine doing nothing within
windows this machine will only crunch a lousy 2.6mkeys/s whilst task manager
says that there are NO other processes using CPU time. dnetc has 99%. Is this
a client issue or is Win2K secretly stealing CPU cycles which can't be seen
in the task manager?

Can anyone explain this?

Regards
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net