[RC5] keyrate stabilizing?

Jonathan Smith jsmith at cygnacom.com
Tue Oct 16 14:42:27 EDT 2001

While there is a p4 core I don't think anyone has made a real attempt to
build a SSE core for the p4, similar to the Altivec core for g4 processors.
I have not looked over the two instruction sets to determine if such a core
is practical.  It is possible that there is a way around the missing rotate
instruction using SSE.  If so we would see a major speed boost from it...

	- Jonathan Smith