[RC5] keyrate stabilizing?

Victor A. Wagner, Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Thu Oct 18 22:57:20 EDT 2001

Maybe Bruce won't take the time to answer, so I will
rotate has use ONLY in cryptography.
you're multiply and power of twos is done by normal shifts NOT rotate.
I used to wonder why computers had so many different kinds of shifts,
then  I discovered (while helping design a few) that they're dead easy to
implement in a zillion variations... I've never seen the ones that I
thought could be really useful tho.  I'd suggest them and the engineers
would go "what do you want one of those for?"... When I asked "what do you
want rotate for?" the general answer was, well it's so darn cheap to put it in.