[RC5] keyrate stabilizing?

John Campbell jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com
Fri Oct 19 15:14:18 EDT 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, waldo kitty wrote:

> as are many others who are taken in by pretty pictures and buggy
> software... </rant>

	Ummmm.... sure, dude, whatever.

	I'm currently sitting in front of an AMD 486DX2-66 running Linux
2.4.9. It has X up - in 4-bit color (that's 16 - count 'em, *16* colors) -
so that I can keep an eye on multiple terminal windows without flipping
between virtual consoles all the time. The only graphical app I have
running, besides a dozen or so xterms, is an xclock. To the best of my
recollection, neither the machine nor any program running on it have ever
crashed.

	So I gotta say that these are the ugliest "pretty pictures" and most
stable "buggy software" I've ever used.

	Now, with the pathetic attempt at a contentless flame out of the
way, would you care to explain how saying that Intel is in bed with
Microsoft because they reduced the performance of a single, seldom-used
instruction makes ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER?

	Now, Intel may be guilty of many things, and they may even be in bed
with Microsoft, but you're certainly not making a very convincing argument
for that.

---
John Campbell
jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com

QotD:  Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science
made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts
is not necessarily science.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net