[RC5] keyrate stabilizing?

Zorba the Hutt zorbathut at uswest.net
Sun Oct 21 03:27:21 EDT 2001

Yeah, but how much CPU does SSL/SSH really take up? I used SSH a little on
my P166, and I didn't exactly have to shut down all my programs. Not only
that, but with the ever-tightening encryption laws, perhaps focusing on
making the (already-fast) encryption even *faster* isn't a good use of their
time.

The people who use CPU power are, for the vast majority, gamers,
programmers, artists, and people who need lots of servers. The only one of
those who cares about rotating bits is the last, and only if they're doing
encryption.

It just plain isn't worth it.

-Zorba