[RC5] Checkpoint file

Dennis Lubert plasmahh at gmx.net
Wed Oct 24 09:22:41 EDT 2001

Hello,

I have a question to the checkpoint files. How often does the client access
them, and can this value be changed ??
I would like to run my client in an environment, where I have a NFS-mounted
home directory and share the same buffer files within them. now I would
like to create a checkpoint file for each client, since they can run only
6-12 hours in which they dont finish an ogr block usually. since they share
buffer files, the work is lost then... so I want to create a checkpoint
file for each, but I may not produce high net traffic, so with mounted nfs
home dir, writing to the checkpoint file every 10 secs or so, this would be
too much traffic with > 100 clients in a non-switched 10MBit network...
so how often does it check the files ? or do u use ne other good methods
for the client in such an environment ??

Dennis Lubert

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net